Cardiovascular CT Training Certification Level 2 Course
150 cases | 4.5 days | On-campus | On-Line
MEETS BOARD EXAM ELIGIBILITY | PHYSICIAN EXPERIENCE PATHWAY EXTENDED
20 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits
4½-days | 150 mentored cases
Harbor UCLA Medical Center Campus
1124 West Carson Street
Torrance, California 90502 USA
Monday – Thursday – 8 AM – 4:30 PM PST
Friday – 8 AM – 12:00 PM PST
- Continental breakfast, hot/cold beverages, plentiful snacks, and lunch are provided daily
- Complete daily prework (video lectures) provided in advance
- Early and late access to multi-media training center available for all participants
- One CT workstation per participant
- Live cases and lectures from expert faculty
- Live daily instruction and reading with faculty
- Access four on-staff full time Level 3 faculty fellows for one-on-one assistance, if required
- CME commensurate to course
- All PowerPoint lectures on all aspects of cardiovascular CT and course material provided on a convenient USB flash drive for each attendee
- Digital copies of two books –“Cardiac CT Imaging – Diagnosis of CardiovascularDisease”and “Handbook of Cardiovascular CT”by Matthew Budoff, MD, FSCCT
- Daily case review with Matthew Budoff, MD FSCCTincluding acquisition, interpreting and reporting of studies
- 50 live cases completed during the course week, 25 recorded in advance
- Participants are proctored for cardiac CT cases and between live cases and lectures
- Daily workstation-practice time assigned between 2-4:30 pm PST
4½-days | 150 mentored cases
- PC/Laptop Windows/MAC able to access internet
- Zoom meetings download
- Install remote access app for workstation (provided)
- Prior to course complete SCCT Level 1 50 cases (provided)
- Attend scheduled zoom sessions or recordings if missed
- Complete daily prework (video lectures)
FIRST 50 CASES
Complete SCCT Level 1 – must be completed prior to course week
- Start immediately, fully online
- 50 cases, including 10 mentored cases that count toward Level 1, 2 and 3 certifications
- Hands-on with full 3D datasets that learners can manipulate to arrive at diagnoses
- Multiple-choice quiz to test knowledge in key areas, including radiation dose and appropriate use
- Duration approx. 8 – 12 hours to complete
- Official SCCT Level 1 Certification awarded after successful completion of the course
- Online access to 40+ hours of didactics, lectures including 25 recorded live case acquisitions, plus 25 interactive live case acquisition with case review via zoom session with Dr. Budoff during course week (required)
- All course materials available to download or review at your convenience in advance of course week (optional)
- Utilizing your personal computer/laptop remotely access training server to connect with GE, Vitrea or a Philips workstation and read minimum of 100 cases from a library of over 500 cases
- Live workstation buttonology tutorials and quicksteps key codes available for workstations, recorded tutorials available for participants interested in reading and evaluating cases prior to course week
- Participants provided with 24-hour access to the training server/workstation for a period of 7 days before, during or after the course week (majority of participants finish in 5 days
- Attend zoom sessions during the course week to interact with Faculty reviewing cases, providing lecture updatesas needed with live Q&A discussion – daily attendance required and all zoom session recordings are conveniently accessible at the end of each day for additional review (access expires 7 days after last day of course)
GE Advantage Workstation, Philips, or Vitrea/Vital Images
*TeraRecon (*forparticipants with TeraRecon workstation experience and established remote access)
Attendeeswho interpret a minimum of 150 mentored cases will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in Cardiac CT Angiography Level II stating they meet the cases requirement as specified in theACCF/AHA/American College of Physicians Task Force on Clinical Competence Statement on Cardiac Computed Tomography and MR
Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed TomographyTM (CBCCTTM)
Important updates through Summer of 2020
Examination window: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 through October 8, 2020
Application deadlines have been extended through September 15, 2020, visit CBCCT.org to learn more.
|Regular application||July 31, 2020||$950|
|Final application||September 15, 2020||$1,150|
A temporary provision allowing the submission of an applicationprior to completing a training course is possible when theintended completion dateis indicated on the application. Reserve a course seat for July, August or September(scroll down for dates) and apply for the board exam now to avoid late fees, call t 1-310-974-1810 for details.Always check CBCCT.org for all eligibility requirements.
Experience Pathway for physicians in practice or in fellowship IS EXTENDED through 2021.All Cardiovascular CT Courses after September 15, 2020 will include 250 casesfor Level 2 to meet board exam eligibility requirements as perCOCATS 4 Task Force 7: Training inCardiovascular Computed Tomography (2015) guidelines.
Course Week Tentative Schedule
- On-campus participant activity
- Online participant activity
- Workstation time allotted for on-campus participants to practice evaluate and interpret cases. Online participants can pace the activity in consideration of time zone differences.
Dr. Budoff is the course director and will cover the following topics;Coronary Calcium, Cardiac CT Angiography of native coronaries, stents and bypass grafts, congenital heart disease and incidentals.
JonathonA.Leipsic, MD, FRCPC, FSCC
Dr. Leipsic is a world-renown Radiologist who will cover both Trans-mitral and TricuspidCTaswellasFFRct.
Sion Roy, MD
Dr. Sion Roy is the Director of Inpatient Cardiac CT and will reviewcasesrelatedto acutechestpaininthe ED.
Priya Pillutla, MD
Dr. Pilluta Roy is a Level III training physician in Cardiac CT and will cover Congenital Heart Disease.
Dr.JinaChungisaLevelIII trained physician in Echocardiography, Cardiac MRI, Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac CT and will coverTAVR,aswellasquestions related to TEE/CT and MR/CT
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
2010-2020 COPYRIGHT ALL RIGHTS RESERVED CTCOURSE.COM